New York Strip Steaks with Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Cut from the short loin, strip steak is a tender piece of meat that can be readily divided into sizable portions. To prepare this manly meal, follow the recipe from Emeril's Delmonico restaurant in New Orleans.
The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 7114
- 4 New York strip steaks (12-to-14-ounces each), trimmed of excess fat
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup <u>Homemade Worcestershire Sauce</u>
- Preheat grill pan or large skillet over medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly rub 1/2 teaspoon oil on each side of steaks. Season on each side with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place steaks on hot grill pan and cook for 2 minutes; turn each steak one-quarter turn to make grill marks and cook 2 minutes more. Turn steaks over and continue cooking for 4 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to a large baking sheet and transfer to oven; roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into steaks reaches 140 degrees, about 4 to 6 minutes, for medium-rare. Place each steak on a serving plate and drizzle each with 1 to 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.