This delightful nature-themed desk accessory from Hannah Milman, executive editorial director of crafts, was inspired by the historical Sanibell Shell Fair and its collection of beach treasures.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2012
- Using cardboard insert that comes with paperweight as a template, trace circle onto desired color of mat board and cut out.
- Attach shells to mat board in desired pattern using Beacon 527 adhesive. Be sure to use shells that are small or flat enough to fit easily under the dome of the paperweight.
- Glue round into paperweight and, once dry, attach adhesive felt round to bottom.
- Glass paperweight kit, photoweights.com
- Mat board
- Craft knife or scissors
- Beacon 527 adhesive
- Small shells and other beach findings
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.