Fresh Pasta Dough
Use this basic dough recipe to make chef Bill Telepan's Pea Ravioli.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2012
Yield Makes about 2 pounds
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place flour and salt in a large bowl; whisk to combine. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon water.
- Pour egg mixture into well. Working from the inside rim of well towards the outside, slowly incorporate flour into egg mixture, add more water, 1/4 teaspoon at a time, if dough seems too dry.
- When dough begins to come together, transfer to a clean work surface and knead until smooth, about 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerate for 1 hour before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.