- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarse salt
- 1 large celery stalk, diced small
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup Spicy Anchovy Mayonnaise (below)
- In a medium pot, bring potatoes to a boil in salted water over high. Reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 10 minutes. Drain, transfer to a large bowl, and let cool, about 30 minutes. Stir in celery, scallions, eggs, and mayonnaise and season with salt.
Spicy Anchovy Mayonnaise
Combine 2 cups mayonnaise, 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons red-pepper flakes, and 14 to 16 anchovy fillets, finely chopped.
The 14 to 16 fillets in this dish seem like a lot but yield just 3 tablespoons -- enough to add rich, subtle flavor.