Adding pineapple rings partway through baking means they sit prettily on the cake and don't sink into the batter.
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Everyday Food, April 2012
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 1 1/4 hours plus cooling
- Serves 6
- Unsalted butter, for baking dish
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest plus 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup diced pineapple plus 6 thin rings
- 1/2 recipe <u>Classic Yellow Cake Batter</u>
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2-quart baking dish. Stir lime zest and juice and diced pineapple into batter. Spread in baking dish. Bake 15 minutes, then remove from oven and quickly arrange pineapple rings on top. Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 25 minutes. (Tent with foil if browning too quickly.) Let cool in dish on a wire rack 20 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.