- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total)
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Honey Mustard or Spicy Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces. Spread panko on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a shallow dish, then add Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon salt; drizzle with oil and stir to combine.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes. Increase temperature to 450 degrees.
- Set a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet; lightly coat rack with cooking spray. In batches, coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg, then coat with panko, pressing to adhere. Place on rack.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve nuggets with sauce.
Combine 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard and 2 tablespoons each mayonnaise and honey.
Combine 1/4 cup ketchup; 3 tablespoons spicy chili sauce, such as Sriracha; and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise.