Buttered Snap Peas and Carrots
Everyday Food, April 2012
- 2 pounds baby carrots, tops trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds snap peas
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- In a large straight-sided skillet, bring 1/2 cup water to a simmer over medium. Add carrots, cover, and cook 3 minutes. Add snap peas, cover, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add butter and cook, stirring, until butter melts and coats vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, sprinkle with chives.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.