Open-Faced Egg Sandwiches with Celery-and-Radish Salad
Make your vinaigrette and hard-cook your eggs in the morning. When you're ready for dinner, just toss the salad and assemble the sandwiches.
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Everyday Food, April 2012
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 6 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Spring Herb Pesto
- 4 thick slices country-style bread, toasted
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto (optional)
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ounce Parmesan, shaved (1/4 cup)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and oil. Add celery and radishes, toss, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto on bread and top with prosciutto, if using, egg, and Parmesan. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with pepper, and serve with salad.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.