Shrimp and Penne with Spring Herb Pesto
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Everyday Food, April 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound penne rigate
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound snap peas (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup Spring Herb Pesto
- 4 ounces ricotta (1/2 cup)
- Extra-virgin olive oil and grated Parmesan, for serving (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. In last 3 minutes of cooking, add shrimp and snap peas and cook until shrimp are opaque throughout and peas are bright green. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture and return to pot. Add pesto and toss to coat, adding enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta. Top with ricotta. If desired, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with Parmesan.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.