Hot Rice Cereal with Nuts and Raisins
Use leftover rice to make a wholesome breakfast that's great for someone who avoids gluten, or anyone at all.
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Everyday Food, April 2012
- 3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Pinch of ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- In a medium pot, combine rice, milk, and maple syrup over medium-high. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 3 minutes. Divide among four bowls and top with almonds and raisins. Serve with nutmeg or cinnamon.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.