- 8 ounces baby spinach (8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest, plus 3 oranges, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips (1/4 cup)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Divide spinach among four 16-inch-long pieces of parchment paper. Top with orange zest and slices, salmon, ginger, and shallot; season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Bring long ends of paper together and fold down 3 times to make a seam. Tuck ends underneath to secure.
- Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until packets are puffed and salmon is cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer packets to plates, pull open, and serve immediately.
Cook's NoteAssemble these packets in the morning for dinner in a snap. Everyone gets their own, so serving is simple.
To check if the salmon is cooked through, unfold the center seam of just one packet and take a peek. If the fish needs a few more minutes, tightly rewrap the packet so you won't lose any moisture in the oven.