Haricots Verts with Almond Pesto
Serve this fresh and simple side dish, from Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan's "Good Food to Share," together with her Fennel-Roasted Whole Salmon.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2012
- Sea salt
- 1/2 pound haricots verts or slender green beans, trimmed
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare an ice-water bath and set aside. Ad haricots verts to boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer to ice-water bath to cool; drain and pat dry. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine garlic, parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; process until finely chopped. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream and process until a smooth. Add almonds and pulse until finely chopped; pesto should be a coarse puree.
- Add pesto to bowl with green beans; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.