Dilled Rice Pilaf
Dill is a great accompaniment for all the other flavors in this menu. It is used often in Greek cooking.
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Martha Stewart Living, April 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1/4 pound capellini (angel hair) pasta, broken into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion until softened, about 4 minutes. Add rice and capellini. Cook, stirring frequently, until slightly golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add salt and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, and stir in dill.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.