Sauteed Romaine Lettuce
Recipe adapted from "Food From Many Greek Kitchens, "by Tessa Kiros. Copyright 2011 by Tessa Kiros. Used with permission of Andrews McMeel Publishing.
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Martha Stewart Living, April 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 8
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1 small celery stalk, chopped
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, trimmed and cut into 1-inch-wide strips (about 10 cups)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, and red-pepper flakes; saute until celery is softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add lettuce, pressing it down to fit. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; cook, tossing occasionally, until lettuce is completely wilted and liquid has evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.