Sauteed Romaine Lettuce
Recipe adapted from "Food From Many Greek Kitchens, "by Tessa Kiros. Copyright 2011 by Tessa Kiros. Used with permission of Andrews McMeel Publishing.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 8
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1 small celery stalk, chopped
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, trimmed and cut into 1-inch-wide strips (about 10 cups)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, and red-pepper flakes; saute until celery is softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add lettuce, pressing it down to fit. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; cook, tossing occasionally, until lettuce is completely wilted and liquid has evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.