Crepe Paper Surprise Bunny
This is far from a hare-brained scheme for party favors: As kids unravel the tightly wound crepe paper strips, they reveal several little trinkets and presents.
Photography: Johnny Miller
- Print bunny template. Using template, cut 2 bunny ears from fold. Cut the rest of the sheet crosswise into 3/4-inch strips.
- Wrap 1 strip around a trinket, creating a ball. (Hot-glue ends of paper together as needed.) Add a trinket every few layers. Continue until head is the size of a tennis ball.
- Cinch paper at the bottom, and glue ears to ball with hot-glue gun. Cut lashes and nose from tissue paper, and glue in place with clear glue.
- Snip away center of cupcake liner so head nestles in it. Cut fluted part to create collar.
- Fold of crepe paper
- Hot-glue gun
- Tissue or construction paper
- Clear-drying glue
- Cupcake paper
- Bunny template
Resources: Detail scissors, by Martha Stewart Crafts, michaels.com.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.