Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls
Enjoy buttery, flaky crescent rolls for a breakfast treat with this quick and savory recipe that can be prepared in just minutes.
- 1 (8-ounce) can crescent-roll dough
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 slices cooked ham, cut into eight 2-inch square pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Open can of dough and roll out. Cut along the pre-scored lines and separate. Spread 1/4 tablespoon mustard over each piece of dough and top each with 1 piece of ham and 1 1/2 teaspoons grated cheese.
- Starting with the long end, roll each piece of dough up toward the point to form a crescent and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush each crescent with egg and top each with a pinch of grated cheese. Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake until golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.