- Cooking spray
- 8 cups chocolate crisp puffed-rice cereal
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows (4 3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment. Lightly spray parchment. Place cereal in a large bowl. In a large pot, melt butter over medium. Add marshmallows, peanut butter, and salt and cook, stirring, until mixture is melted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir into cereal until combined. Let mixture cool slightly, 4 minutes (mixture should still be pliable), then stir in chocolate chips and peanuts. With a spatula (or your fingers) lightly coated with cooking spray, press into pan. Let stand at room temperature until set, about 20 minutes. Using parchment, lift from pan and cut into 12 bars.
Store bars in an airtight container, up to 5 days. Wrap bars tightly in parchment paper or plastic before storing, so they’re ready to go.