- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced medium
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium. Add onion and cook until softened, 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 10 minutes. Stir in raisins, cover, and let stand 3 minutes before serving.
chicken or chickpea curry