Glitter Heart Pin
Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
- Using two 12-millimeter tie tacks, secure 3-inch length of 2-inch wide red grosgrain ribbon to a piece of 1/2-inch thick foam core.
- Before handling clay, protect hands with latex gloves.
- Mix together equal parts of ruby crystal clay and clay fixer, kneading until completely blended.
- Grease inside of 2-inch heart cookie cutter with vegetable oil and place over tie tacks and grosgrain ribbon.
- Press clay evenly into cookie cutter and press Swarovski fancy stones into clay as desired.
- Mix together red Swarovski crystals, red seed beads, red sequins, red heart confetti and red fine glitter as desired and pour mixture into heart cookie cutter. Press embellishments mixture into clay.
- Cover heart and embellishments with red tinsel glitter and press glitter into clay.
- Remove cookie cutter by pressing down gently on clay heart while pulling up on cutter.
- Use fingers to shape edges of clay heart as needed.
- Sprinkle fine glitter around edges of heart and press to secure into place.
- Let clay dry completely for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove heart from foam-core. Tie tacks and ribbon with be attached to back of heart. Shake off excess glitter and embellishments.
- With sharp scissors, trim ribbon around heart shape.
- 1/2-inch foam core
- 2-inch grosgrain ribbon
- 12-millimeter tie tacks (2)
- Ruby crystal clay
- Clay fixer
- Latex gloves
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Vegetable oil
- Swarovski fancy stones
- Embellishments (Swarovski crystallized elements, seed beads, heart confetti, fine and tinsel glitter)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.