Passion Fruit Sangria
Add a flavorful new twist to sweet sangria with passion fruit puree and citrus fruit in this recipe from chef Jean-George Vongerichten's "Home Cooking with Jean-Georges."
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2012
Yield Makes 6 to 8 drinks
- 1 (750 mL) bottle dry Gewurztraminer
- 3/4 cup orange liqueur, preferably Gran Gala
- 6 tablespoons <u>Simple Syrup for Passion Fruit Sangria</u>
- 7 tablespoons passion fruit puree
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup blackberries, halved
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch-long, 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 15 thin slices peeled fresh ginger
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine Gewurztraminer, orange liqueur, simple syrup, passion fruit puree, orange, lime, blackberries, pineapple, and ginger; stir to combine. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, pour sangria into wine glasses filled with ice, making sure to add some fruit to each glass.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.