Taco Burgers with Cucumber Salad
Combine two favorite foods for one dish everyone in the family is sure to love.
Everyday Food, March 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced pickled jalapenos, plus 2 tablespoons liquid
- 1 large tomato
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar into jalapeno liquid until dissolved. Cut 4 slices tomato and reserve for burgers. Cut remaining tomato into 3/4-inch pieces and add to dressing. Stir in cucumber and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another medium bowl, combine beef and chili powder. Form into 4 patties and season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium-high until cooked through, about 8 minutes total, flipping once. Serve burgers on buns with tomato slices, pickled jalapenos, and shredded lettuce, alongside cucumber salad.
$1.97 per serving
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.