Capellini with Chive Blossoms and Creme Fraiche
Martha Stewart Living, March 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup minced chive blossoms, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound capellini (angel hair) pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 jar (4 ounces) whitefish caviar (<a href="http://caviarstar.com" target="_blank">caviarstar.com</a>)
- 1 hard-cooked egg, yolk and white separated
- Stir together 3/4 cup creme fraiche, the chive blossoms, chives, and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water. Toss pasta with butter and creme fraiche mixture, adding enough pasta water to make a light sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a small dollop of remaining creme fraiche in each of 4 to 6 dishes, and sprinkle with chive blossoms and chives. Divide pasta among dishes. Top with caviar and more creme fraiche. Press egg white and yolk through a sieve, then sprinkle over pasta. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.