Jessica Alba's Turkey Meatballs
Actress Jessica Alba likes to make a big batch of her tasty turkey meatballs, then serve them with different side dishes throughout the week. Try: Roasted Squash with Parmesan and Herbs
Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
The Martha Stewart Show
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken broth
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, panko, carrots, zucchini, onion, eggs, Italian seasoning, and salt until well combined; form into 1-inch balls.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is almost completely absorbed, about 7 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth and increase heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.