Curry powder adds bold flavor in this couscous recipe from Nirmala Narine's "In Nirmala's Kitchen." Serve with her Moroccan Chicken Tagine.
The Martha Stewart Show
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups boiling homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped preserved lemon
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place couscous in a large bowl. In a large glass measuring cup, mix together hot stock, curry powder, preserved lemon, shallot, and olive oil. Pour over couscous and add cranberries. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.