Roasted Fennel and Artichoke Hearts
Canned artichokes add subtlety and flavor to this meal. We like the Whole Foods 365 brand because the artichokes don't come out too salty when roasted.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 fennel bulb (12 ounces), cut into 3/4-inch wedges, 1 tablespoon fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 can whole artichoke hearts in water (13.75 ounces), drained, patted dry, and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange fennel and artichokes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until caramelized on both sides, about 35 minutes, tossing after 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and the lemon juice. Add parsley, and toss to combine. Garnish with fennel fronds.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.