Oversize Urn Arrangement
Floral designers Remco Van Vliet and his half brother, Cas Trap, share their secrets for putting together an oversize urn arrangement.
Photography: Ditte Isager
- Set a plastic container within the urn.
- Stabilize it, using rolled-up wads of newspaper around the edges.
- Fill container with water.
- Cut thick branches of dogwood to various heights, using floral shears.
- Place dogwood branches within the container to create an armature.
- Weave in thinner-stemmed branches of mock orange, viburnum, and mountain laurel, using dogwood branches for support.
- Step back frequently to judge the effect and check the balance of the composition.
- Finish by inserting roses.
- Kousa dogwood
- Mock orange
- Mountain laurel
- Garden roses
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.