Puffy Yorkshire pudding is a classic English accompaniment to roasted meats. This version comes from author Molly Stevens's cookbook "All About Roasting."
The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 7059
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup reserved beef drippings (from Standing Rib Roast)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and salt until frothy. Whisk in milk, followed by flour, until well combined. Cover and refrigerate batter at least 4 hours, and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with rack set in center of oven.
- Add beef drippings to reserved pan from Standing Rib Roast and transfer to oven. Heat until hot and sizzling, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove batter from refrigerator and stir. Slide out roasting pan just enough to add batter all at once; batter should be very liquid and spread on its own without tilting. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees; rotate pan and continue baking until pudding is puffy and nicely browned, about 15 minutes more. Cut into small squares and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.