Winter Fruit Sangria
Sangria comes out of winter hibernation in this easy-to-make holiday punch.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2011
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 orange, ends cut off, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 bottles well-chilled dry red wine, such as Rioja or red Zinfandel
- 1 cup club soda
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- In a large pitcher, stir together brandy, sugar, and orange and apple slices. Let stand 15 minutes. Add wine, club soda, and orange juice. Serve over ice.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.