- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced medium
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Reserved roasted tomatoes (from Cauliflower Steaks with Roasted Pepper and Tomato Salad)
- Reserved roasted cauliflower (from Cauliflower Steaks with Roasted Pepper and Tomato Salad)
- 2 1/2 ounces baby spinach (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a medium pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, and 2 cups water; bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and gently simmer 8 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook until cauliflower is warmed through and chickpeas are tender, 8 minutes. Stir in spinach and cilantro and season with salt. To serve, divide rice among four bowls and top with curry.
Spice It Up: Briefly toasting curry powder with other aromatic ingredients before adding liquid intensifies the flavors of the spice blend.