- 4 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix espresso powder into vanilla extract. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat in eggs and espresso-vanilla mixture until combined. Add walnuts and cherries and beat until combined.
- Divide dough in half and transfer to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Form each half into a 2 1/2-inch-wide, 3/4-inch-tall log. Bake until dough is firm but gives slightly when pressed, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack, 20 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal and arrange, cut side down, on two parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake until biscotti are crisp and golden, about 15 minutes, rotating sheets and flipping biscotti halfway through. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
Cook's NoteThe dough can be sticky, so lightly flour your hands or coat them with cooking spray before shaping it into logs. Making the logs as uniform as possible ensures even baking.
Store in an airtight container, up to 2 days, or freeze, up to 3 months.