Glittered Monogram Stocking
Personalize Christmas stockings for the whole family using this easy glittering method.
Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, December 2011
- Thoroughly coat desired piece of felt with glitter-paint. Do this by squeezing paint directly onto felt and spreading with brush. Set aside to dry.
- On a computer, select desired font and size for letter. Print letter on card stock and cut out to use as template for monogram.
- Once painted felt has dried, turn over and trace letter, in reverse, with a pencil or marker on back of felt.
- Cut out monogram with scissors and using Fabri-Tac permanent adhesive, affix to stocking in desired position.
- Use remnants of glitter-painted felt to create desired shapes (such as stars or dots) and adhere to stocking as desired with Fabri-Tac.
- Allow adhesive to dry completely before hanging stocking.
- Glitter paint
- Card stock
- Pencil or marker
- Fabri-Tac adhesive
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.