Salt-and-Pepper Shrimp with Snow Peas
Everyday Food, January/February 2012
- 1/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder or cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 scallions (white and light-green parts only), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and five-spice powder. Heat a large wok or skillet over high. Add oil and ginger and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add shrimp, scallions, and snow peas and cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with rice.
Eat Smart: Shrimp are low in calories and fat but high in protein, so they're ideal for a light yet satisfying meal.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.