Snowflake Treat Bags
Turn handmade decorative wrap into giftable winter treat bags with this simple how-to.
Photography: David M. Russell
- Enlarge or reduce template to desired size and print. Or, print template first and use a photocopier to enlarge or reduce the size.
- Cut out template along solid exterior lines.
- Place template on sheet of Snowflake Wrap, trace with a pencil, and cut out with scissors or a rotary cutter.
- Make folds by scoring wrap with a bone folder as indicated by dotted lines on template.
- Cut slits for bottom flaps of bag using remaining solid lines on template as a guide.
- Bend bag into shape, creasing folds along scored lines.
- For bottom of bag, tuck side flaps under larger ones and secure with double-sided tape. Tuck side tab inside bag and secure with tape.
- To reinforce bag, cut a piece of card stock to fit bottom and secure in place inside bag with double-sided tape.
- To close top of bag, fold over about 1/2 inch, punch two holes, and secure with ribbon and a bow.
- Snowflake wrap (from Snowflake Hurricane Candleholder)
- Bag template
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- Double-sided tape
- Card stock
- Hole punch
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.