Poinsettia Place Cards
In addition to the beauty they add to your holiday table, these place cards enclose a take-home treat for dinner guests.
Photography: David M. Russell
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2011
- Download, print, and cut out poinsettia petal template.
- Layer two pieces of 20-inch square tissue paper of desired color on top of one another and fold in half diagonally to create a triangle.
- Fold triangle into angled thirds.
- Align bottom of template with the point and bottom folded edges of the tissue paper. Trace lightly around top portion of template with a pencil.
- With scissors, cut along traced line and open up tissue paper to reveal flower. Rotate top piece of tissue paper slightly to stagger petals.
- To create favor, wrap candy in small cellophane bag and secure closed with tape, being sure favor is about the size of a 1 1/2-inch ball.
- Thread five small jingle bells onto a piece of wax twine, tie to secure, and attach to candy favor with tape.
- Place embellished favor in center of tissue paper with jingle bells facing upward.
- Gather tissue paper around the favor and secure closed with more wax twine, being sure to allow the jingle bells to poke through the center of the flower.
- Fluff and arrange petals as desired.
- Poinsettia petal template
- Tissue paper
- Candy of choice
- Small cellophane bag
- Wax twine
- Jingle bells
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.