Salty Butterscotch-Toffee Cookies
A generous dusting of Maldon sea salt gives these treats from TV chef Nora Singley their irresistible flavor.
The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 7032
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; do not overmix. Add butterscotch chips, toffee bits, and pecans; mix just to combine.
- Using a 2-inch (2-ounce) ice-cream scoop, place scoops of dough on prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Pat tops of cookie domes flat and sprinkle with sea salt. Transfer baking sheets to oven and bake until golden but still soft in the center, about 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.