Turkey Meatball Salad with Roasted Peppers and Parmesan
Everyday Food, January/February 2008
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 16 Light Turkey Meatballs, frozen
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 chunk Parmesan (1 ounce), shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss scallions and peppers with 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper and push to one side of sheet. Place meatballs on other side of sheet; toss with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Broil, tossing vegetables and turning meatballs occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through and vegetables are lightly charred, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, scallions, and peppers; toss to combine. Top with meatballs and Parmesan.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.