Ground Turkey Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 pound ground turkey (dark and light meat)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium red tomato, cored and chopped
- 10 hard taco shells
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Pico de Gallo, for garnish
- Avocado, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add onion and cook until onion becomes translucent. Add turkey and cook, breaking up meat with the side of a spoon, just until meat is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, salt, and tomato paste and cook 1 minute. Add broth and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid becomes thick and clings to meat.
- Divide meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, and tomato among taco shells and serve immediately with optional sour cream, pico de gallo, and avocado.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.