Bread and Butter Pickled Vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups white-wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 3-inch sticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3-inch sticks
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into 3-inch sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Divide vegetables and celery salt between 8-ounce mason jars and carefully pour hot brining liquid over vegetables. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Pickled vegetables can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.