12-Inch Knit Square Pillow
This project juxtaposes two different (but rich) textures of wool.
Photography: Christopher Baker
- Cast on 48 stitches (12 inches) in turquoise yarn and, using a stockinette stitch, knit 18 rows.
- Switch to wheat yarn, and knit 4 rows.
- Switch back to turquoise and knit 56 rows, or until piece measures 12 inches.
- Cast off. Weave in ends.
- Leaving a 1/2-inch seam allowance, sew knit piece to fabric with sewing thread, leaving a hemmed opening for pillow insert.
- Stuff insert inside, and slip stitch closed. (To avoid shrinkage, dry cleaning is recommended.)
- Size 8 needles
- 1 skein merino yarn, in Turquoise
- 1 skein merino yarn, in Wheat
- 13-inch square piece of wool fabric
- Sewing supplies
- 12-inch square pillow insert
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.