This recipe is part of the Mad Hungry: TV Dinners menu. See the article for freezing instructions.
Martha Stewart Living, January 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 6
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, washed thoroughly
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- Cook spinach in a large pot with 1/4 inch water until steam has collapsed leaves, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and squeeze out liquid. Coarsely chop.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and some pepper. Stir for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Fold in chopped spinach.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.