Quinoa with Pistachios
Quinoa is higher in protein than most grains and is gluten-free.
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Martha Stewart Living, January 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 4 hours, 35 minutes
Yield Makes 5 cups
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, soaked in filtered water for 4 hours to overnight
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup raw pistachios
- Drain quinoa and rinse well. Drain again and place in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Add 1 3/4 cups filtered water, a large pinch of salt, and golden raisins. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Let quinoa stand for 5 to 10 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place pistachios on a baking sheet and roast until lightly golden and fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and coarsely chop. Add to quinoa and fluff with a fork to evenly distribute nuts and raisins. Season with salt.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.