About 12 inches square (30.5 cm square)
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN MERINO (Art. #5300) #578 Peacock 1 ball (A), #598 Buttermilk 1 ball (B), #549 Pewter 1 ball (C), #506 Igloo 1 ball (D), or colors of your choice
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Fiberfill stuffing
Square = about 13 by 13 inches (33 by 33 cm).
Exact gauge is not essential to this project.
Use the following pieces:
(2) 36-hole pieces
(4) 12-hole pieces
(4) 6-hole pieces
(4) corner pieces
Connect pieces to form a square as follows:
36-hole piece > corner piece > 36-hole piece > corner piece > 12-hole piece > 12-hole piece > 6-hole piece > 6-hole piece > corner piece > 12-hole piece > 12-hole piece > 6-hole piece > 6-hole piece > corner piece.
Insert 41 small pegs along each side of assembled loom pieces (164 working pegs placed). Place a large peg in upper right-hand corner for starting slipknot.
- Two identical Squares are woven for Pillow Front and Back.
- Follow loom manual instructions on WEAVING for how to set up the warp, weave the weft, and remove weaving from the loom.
- Warp is set up using multiple colors. Follow Warp Color Sequence for how to set up warp colors.
- Wefts are woven in a different way than described in the loom manual. Follow diagram provided to weave the weft.
- All warping and weaving is done with 2 strands of yarn held together. Wind each ball of yarn into 2 separate balls before beginning.
WARP COLOR SEQUENCE
Set up the warp across the 41 small pegs placed across two sides as follows:
Warp 10 pegs with 2 strands of A, warp 10 pegs with 2 strands of B, * warp 1 peg with 2 strands of C, warp 1 peg with 2 strands of B, repeat from * once more, warp last 17 pegs with 2 strands of C.
Set up the warp following Warp Color Sequence.
Weave the weft following weaving diagram provided and changing color as follows:
Weave 17 rows with 2 strands of D, (weave 1 row with 2 strands of A, weave 1 row with 2 strands of D) 3 times, weave 7 rows with 2 strands of A, weave 11 rows with 2 strands of B.
Make same as Front.
Thread B into yarn needle supplied with loom. With wrong sides facing, sew Front and Back together around 3 sides using blanket stitch. Stuff Pillow with fiberfill, then blanket stitch remaining side closed. Thread yarn ends into same needle and weave ends into the center of the Pillow.
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2011 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.