Mile-High Meringue Topping
Use this meringue topping to finish off Lemon-Meringue Tartlets.
- Yield Makes enough for 6 tartlets
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add granulated sugar. Increase speed and whisk until meringue is glossy and forms stiff peaks. Whisk in vanilla until just combined.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.