Finished Circumference: About 26 inches (66 cm)
Finished Height About 15 inches (38 cm)
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN GLITTER EYELASH (Art. #5800) #526 Brownstone 2 balls (A), #504 Rose Quartz 2 balls (B), #588 Yellow Gold 2 balls (C), or colors of your choice
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN Knit & Weave Loom Kit
11 sts = about 4 inches (10 cm).
Exact gauge is not essential for this project.
- Follow loom manual instructions for SINGLE KNITTING for how to cast on, knit, bind off, and change color.
- Cowl is knit on only one side of the loom. Loom is configured into an oval to accommodate the large number of stitches.
- Small pegs are only used to hold loom together. Do not knit onto small pegs.
- Cowl is knit as a rectangle, then seamed together.
Use the following pieces:
(2) 36-hole pieces
(2) 28-hole semicircular pieces
Connect pieces to form an oval as follows:
36-hole piece > 28-hole semicircular piece > 36-hole piece > 28-hole semicircular piece.
Place one small peg in each connecting hole to hold loom together.
Insert 42 large pegs into every other hole along one long side of assembled loom (42 working pegs placed).
Following loom manual instructions, with A, cast onto all working pegs.
Rows 1-2: With A, knit. Change to B.
Rows 3-4: With B, knit. Change to C.
Rows 5-6: With C, knit. Change to A.
Repeat Rows 1-6 until piece measures about 26 inches (66 cm) from beginning.
Fold Cowl in half, matching last row to first row. Thread a length of A through yarn needle provided with loom and sew Cowl together to form a tube. Thread yarn ends through same needle, and weave ends into the fabric of the scarf.
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2011 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.