About 6 1/2 by 72 inches (16.5 by 183 cm)
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN ALPACA BLEND (Art. #5500) #599 Buttermilk 2 balls, or color of your choice
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN Knit & Weave Loom Kit
Exact gauge is not essential to this project.
Use the following pieces:
(2) 36-hole pieces
(2) U-shaped pieces
Connect pieces to form a rectangle as follows:
36-hole piece > U-shaped piece > 36-hole piece > U-shaped piece.
Insert 16 large pegs into every other hole along one 36-hole piece (16 working pegs placed). Insert a contrast color peg into each connecting hole to hold loom together.
Knit 2 stitches together: Skip next working peg, move yarn loop from the following peg to the skipped peg above existing loop (2 loops on peg). Knit both loops together to knit 2 stitches together.
Yarn over: Wrap yarn once around empty peg to inside of loom, then back to outside of loom to work next peg.
- The instructions provided in the loom manual for casting on are the same for both flat knitting and knitting in the round (when you make a tube). These instructions are listed under the heading of SINGLE KNITTING.
- Once you’ve cast on for the Scarf, begin working back and forth for single knitting.
- Loom is configured into a rectangle to make the loom easier to hold. The Scarf is knit flat on only one side of the loom.
- Scarf is designed with a Garter stitch (knit one row, purl one row) border on each of the sides. The first and last 2 rows of the Scarf are worked in Garter stitch and the first and last 2 stitches of each row are worked in Garter stitch.
- The lacy pattern in this Scarf is created by knitting 2 stitches together, followed by a yarn over. The yarn over will create a decorative eyelet in your knitting.
Cast on to 16 working pegs.
Beginning Border Rows
Row 1: Knit across all working pegs.
Row 2: Purl across all working pegs.
Row 1: Knit 2, *knit 2 stitches together, yarn over; repeat from * to last 2 working pegs, knit 2.
Row 2: Purl 2, knit across to last 2 pegs, purl 2.
Repeat Lacy Pattern Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures about 71 in. (180 cm) from beginning, end with a Row 2.
Ending Border Row
Knit 2, purl across to last 2 pegs, knit 2.
Thread each yarn end into yarn needle provided with loom and weave yarn ends into the edges of the Scarf.
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2011 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.