Savory Topping for Sweet Potatoes
Add a little savory to those sweet potatoes with this streusel-like crumble topping from chef Alex Guarnaschelli.
The Martha Stewart Show
Yield Makes enough for 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 4 to 6 medium sage leaves, stemmed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, use your fingers to mix butter, sage, and garlic until well combined. Add breadcrumbs and olive oil; mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes before baking.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.