- 1 3/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large celery root (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter
- In a large pot, bring potatoes and celery root to a boil in salted water. Reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes; drain and transfer vegetables to a food processor. Add milk and butter. Puree until smooth, scraping down side as needed. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish. Serve warm.
Try This: Thin the puree with some warm milk or low-sodium broth for a silky, satisfying soup.