Celery Root and Apple Remoulade
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Everyday Food, December 2011
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 large celery root (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into large wedges
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, quartered, and cored
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Using the large holes on a box grater or the grating disk of a food processor, shred celery root and apples and transfer to a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, milk, and lemon juice. Pour dressing over celery root mixture. Add walnuts and parsley and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
Refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.