Halibut with Warm Bean Hash
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Everyday Food, December 2011
- Prep Time 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound fingerling or other small potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 small red onion, diced small
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add potatoes, carrots, and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Add beans and vinegar and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, spread flour on a large plate. Season fish with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, brushing off excess. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add fish and cook until underside is golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until fish is opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Serve with bean hash and lemon wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.