- 2 1/2 cups masa harina
- 8 ounces lard or butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels, divided (or frozen, thawed and thoroughly drained)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm chicken broth or water
- Combine masa harina, lard, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until mixture is the texture of coarse cornmeal. Transfer to a large bowl. Add 2 cups corn kernels to processor bowl, puree, and transfer to bowl with masa mixture. Stir in remaining corn kernels and chicken broth. Knead mixture with hands until a dough forms. Cover dough with a damp towel until ready to use.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.